Monday, October 6, 2008

spinal tap


13 hours away from Kevin's lumbar puncture. He more than likely has MS. What I feel is love & hurt for him. The face of 'death' has appeared again--I tell that face that I will be with him until 1 of us leaves this earth. I have witnessed his symptoms only worsening the last few months. The MRI films show multiple lesions on his brain & spinal cord. The spinal tap will confirm. My father has TM & now my husband may have MS. I simply just want to be of utmost help to him. I still feel so helpless when around my father. I hurt for him.

Hurting is loving right now. I reread this quote per Mister Rogers...

I'm proud of you for times you wrestled with your problems & discovered how much that helped you to grow. There is no normal life that is free of pain.

There will be more I am certain.
A favorite photo of K & me before the Atlanta Hawks/Boston Celtics playoff 2008 game.

No comments: